Efforts to establish an Indigenous Protected Area in the Seal River Watershed continue amidst community lockdowns resulting from the covid-19 pandemic.
While face-to-face meetings are on hold, the project team is working remotely to advance the initiative.
We are pleased to welcome several new team members who will be helping community members learn about the initiative and ensure that it reflects the values and needs of their communities.
- Walter Duck, facilitator for Sayisi Dene First Nation
- Stephanie Thorassie, project assistant for Sayisi Dene First Nation
- Rebecca Thorassie, youth ambassador for Sayisi Dene First Nation
- Mike Dumas, facilitator for O-Pipon-Na-Piwin Cree Nation
- Jonas Denechezhe, facilitator for Northlands Dene First Nation
- Luke Suluk, facilitator for Arviat
Please feel free to reach out directly to your community facilitators for more information. The project team can be reached at: [email protected] or 1-888-523-4905.
Be sure to follow our Facebook page and review this website to learn more about the initiative and participate in upcoming contests.